Friends of the Brighton District Library
Wednesday, October 5
The Friends of the Brighton District library is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to actively work to strengthen and support the Brighton District Library.
Funds from our memberships, book sales, special events, and your membership go toward much needed programming, equipment, and services at the Library. Some of our past and current achievements include:
- Support of the Summer Reading Programs
- Livingston Reads one book, one county events and programming
- Monthly Writer’s Workshops for Teens and Adults
- Books for Babies Kits
- Books and Materials for the Special Needs Collection
- Pronunciator (online language learning database)
- Springfest kickoff to Summer Reading celebration
- Holiday Open House
- Movie Licenses (allows the library to show films to the public)
Become a Member
Memberships may be purchased anytime at the library or at the bi-annual Used Booksale.
A membership form is available for download if you would prefer to print it out and mail it in with a check. Please make check payable to: “Friends/Brighton Library” Mail or deliver this form and your check to: Brighton District Library 100 Library Dr Brighton, MI 48116.
This organization is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the extent provided by the law.
- Member-only access to the opening night of our bi-annual Used Book Sales. Show your membership card at the door and be among the first to choose from thousands of titles.
- As a 501(c)3 organization, Friends dues and contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
- Access to future member events.
Lifetime Members also receive:
- Full tax deduction the first year of membership.
- A unique pin, indicating unparalleled library support.
Consider volunteering if you’d like to learn a new skill, meet people, boost your career options, or simply make a difference in the community. Here are some ways to help with the friends.
- Used Book Sales: Held twice-yearly, our book sales are always in need of publicists, cashiers, book re-stockers and more!
- Friends Board of Directors: Shape the direction of the Friends organization through a leadership position on the Friends Board.
- Helping at Special Events: Help assist with large library events such as Springfest, our Holiday Open House, or other special library programs.
Re-sellable Media Donations
Materials Donations are suspended until further notice.
- President: Marsha Luetjen
- Vice President: Sandy Bouwhuis
- Secretary: Mindy Kinsey
- Treasurer: Sue Wilson
- Bookstore: Dorothy Baldori
- Membership: Jane Cormier
- Christine Tonge